- A Sales Associate is a part-time position responsible to support the Store Leadership Team to achieve all Company goals and initiatives. The Sales Associate represents the Brand, operates in a professional manner, engages customers, maintains store standards and supports teamwork. Sales Associates report directly to the Store Sales Manager.
- Proactively contributes to creating a team atmosphere that is flexible and enjoyable.
- Constructively shares suggestions, ideas and concerns with appropriate Store Leadership.
- Demonstrates a desire to help others succeed.
Areas of Responsibility
Aware of customer activity and responds with a sense of urgency, prioritizing assisting customers over other tasks
• Greets and acknowledges customers while providing the appropriate level of service
• Effectively communicates value and quality of our merchandise while sharing our current promotions and offers solutions for “out of stock” items when necessary
• Exercises sound judgment in effectively addressing customer concerns
• Demonstrates the appropriate level of selling skills to positively impact conversion
• Provides fast, friendly and accurate service at the cash wrap while educating customers on the benefit of the My Place Rewards Credit Card
Maintains appropriate stock levels and ensures that all sizes and styles are represented
• Follows Company standards of merchandise presentation, signage and display
• Embraces responsibility of assigned tasks
• Supports and maintains a neat, clean, and organized stockroom while adhering to a customer ready environment, and adhering to safety requirements
• Performs daily housekeeping duties to Company standard
• Guarantees Company assets by ensuring adherence to all Loss Prevention procedures
• Informs Store Leadership team of maintenance and facility needs promptly to ensure that customers and associates are provided a clean and safe environment
• Contributes focused, well-managed efforts towards achievement of store goals Exhibits flexibility by processing stock when necessary
Education / Experience Requirements
Previous retail experience preferred
• High School diplomas or equivalent required Business Knowledge and Critical Skills
• Excellent customer engagement
• Demonstrated time management and organizational skills
• Ability to work in team environment
• Adaptable & flexible to changing priorities
• Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet business needs, including weekends, overnights, evenings, and call-in shifts
• Ability to maneuver on sales floor and stockroom; climb ladder, lift and carry up to 50 lbs