Rock Climbing Associate
At Public Lands, we exist to celebrate and protect public lands for all. We believe these national treasures are meant to be explored, protected and celebrated so they may live on for generations. With this in mind, we seek to empower the passionate, to guide the curious and to celebrate the courageous on their journey to thrive outside. Our mission grounds us in the communities we serve and drives our commitment to inspire and enable a diverse community of people to experience the profound power of the outdoors, either in their backyards or in our nation’s public lands. We are also committed to our unmatched set of standards for environmental practices.
At the core of our brand is a dedication to provide products and experiences to any explorer in an effort to grow the number of people who love and seek to protect our public lands. We are driven to meet each explorer where they are in their journey, and to do it with an unapologetic commitment to style, quality and service. Our retail locations are designed to inspire and fuel a need to get outside. Our team lives and breathes for their next adventure, no matter how big or small. We are outdoor humans – connected by a common passion, shared experiences and style that is all our own
As the Public Lands Climbing Associate, you will bring your passion and expertise in climbing to our retail climb department execution, outfitting explorers and activation of our in store rock wall experience . You will drive the engagement, training and educational programs for both explorers and guides in all aspects of climbing. As the Climbing Specialist, you are responsible for monitoring climbing activities and providing assistance to climbers. You will direct the workflow and oversee the daily operations of the climb department under the direction of the Assistant Store Manager. Additional responsibilities include driving results, ensuring Company standards, and assisting in other operations as needed.
Areas of Responsibility
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for driving the highest level of customer service within the department while engaging in behaviors that are in-line with company’s service and selling standards
- Ensure the explorer experience includes product experts who provide consultative advice while demonstrating excellent product knowledge,
- Instruct climbing techniques for explores of all ages and experience levels
- Teach instructional lessons as needed or requested
- Supervise climb sessions
- Uphold Public Lands standards for merchandise presentation, showcasing the best apparel and equipment brands in sporting goods through following established floor sets, signing requirements, price changes, replenishment and recovery processes, in-stock, etc.
- Assist Climbing lead with team-building events at the rock wall with guides
- Identify and correct any safety concerns with the rock wall and climbing equipment by maintaining Company loss prevention standards and controls
- Assist leadership team with other tasks as assigned
Physical Security & Safety
- Assist in creating, maintaining and ensuring compliance of safety related standard operating procedures for the building, service areas, climbing wall and field
- Ensures the safety and security of guides, explorers and property per local regulations.
- Ensure all certifications are completed and up to date.
All Guides, (our associates), are required to adhere to all safety policies and procedures. Additionally, as business needs arise, other tasks may become necessary.
Education / Experience Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 1-3 years of rock-climbing experience preferred
- Process and procedure oriented
- Strong product knowledge
- Enthusiasm and passion for assisting others with their climbing needs
- Creates a culture that encourages a diverse and inclusive environment
- Ability to provide clear, constant and confident communication to explorers and guides
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting capabilities
- Ability to prepare routine administrative paperwork
- Flexible availability preferred including nights, weekends and holidays
- Strong work ethic, time management skills and the ability to prioritize in a fast-paced environment
How to Apply
To apply, visit https://www.dickssportinggoods.jobs/jobs/16419405/rock-climbing-associate-columbus-oh/.