At Public Lands, we exist to celebrate and protect public lands for all. We believe these national treasures are meant to be explored, protected and celebrated so they may live on for generations. With this in mind, we seek to empower the passionate, to guide the curious and to celebrate the courageous on their journey to thrive outside. Our mission grounds us in the communities we serve and drives our commitment to inspire and enable a diverse community of people to experience the profound power of the outdoors, either in their backyards or in our nation’s public lands. We are also committed to our unmatched set of standards for environmental practices.
At the core of our brand is a dedication to provide products and experiences to any explorer in an effort to grow the number of people who love and seek to protect our public lands. We are driven to meet each explorer where they are in their journey, and to do it with an unapologetic commitment to style, quality and service. Our retail locations are designed to inspire and fuel a need to get outside. Our team lives and breathes for their next adventure, no matter how big or small. We are outdoor humans – connected by a common passion, shared experiences and style that is all our own.
Areas of Responsibility
- Create a world-class customer experience by providing passionate customer service and selling through customer engagement, specifically (but not limited to) our Bike Department
- Uphold company standards for merchandise presentation of the best apparel and equipment brands in sporting goods
- Demonstrate ability to genuinely interact with customers to show passion, knowledge, dedication, and commitment in their sport or activity
- Promote company programs including warranty sales, Scorecard (loyalty program), private-label credit cards, and other seasonal promotions
All Guides are required to adhere to all safety policies and procedures. Additionally, as business needs arise, other tasks may become necessary.
Education / Experience Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Prior bicycle sales is preferred
- Creates a culture that encourages a diverse and inclusive environment
- Ability to provide clear, constant and confident communication to explorers and guides
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting capabilities
- Flexible availability preferred including nights, weekends and holidays
- Strong work ethic, time management skills and the ability to prioritize in a fast-paced environment
How to Apply
To apply, visit https://www.dickssportinggoods.jobs/jobs/16008461/bike-associate-columbus-oh/.