Pottery Barn is a multi brand, multi channel, global retailer in search of friendly, driven, and reliable individuals that are passionate about service and thrive in a fast paced environment. At Pottery Barn Kids they are committed to building the strongest team in retail. To that end they work to create a culture that celebrates and leverages their associates' unique talents, perspectives and backgrounds while fostering the development of rewarding and satisfying careers. They are an equal opportunity employer that proudly encourages diversity in the workplace! Their success has been driven by their willingness and ability to engage and connect with our client.
The Polaris location is currently looking for candidates with unique backgrounds, experiences, and skills to join their team with a willingness to guide parents of newborns and young children, tweens, and teens to create their dream room both in store and in the home.
Areas of Responsibility
- Provide sincere, friendly and energetic customer service by exemplifying world-class service standards
- Achieve established sales and contest goals
- Maintain knowledge of current sales and promotions
- Assist customers with special services including: gift wrap, gift registry, locating merchandise, catalog orders, special orders, back orders, charge sends, courier deliveries and furniture orders
- Demonstrate comprehensive product knowledge, including features and benefits
- Accurately and efficiently perform register/POS transactions, sales, returns, exchanges, etc.
- Promote continued customer engagement through email capture, clienteling, opinion labs and social media via our Instagram page in order to give clients a compelling reason to want to stay connected
- Assist in the implementation and maintenance of visual merchandise presentations, signage and lighting
- Uphold store maintenance and cleanliness standards
- Straighten, clean and help maintain stockroom standards as needed
- Process, ticket, and restock merchandise as needed
Education / Experience Requirements
- Must be available to work a minimum of three regularly scheduled shifts, one regularly scheduled shift during the weekend per week
- Associates must be available for annual inventory and the entire holiday season
- Ability to operate POS system
- 1-2 years retail sales experience
- 1-2 years customer service experience
- Proven ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to be on feet and mobile for an extended period of time
- Ability to lift and mobilize medium to large items up to 75 lbs while utilizing appropriate equipment and safety techniques
How to Apply
Apply in store.