Under the direction of Retail Management, sells retail merchandise to guests in accordance with Company’s GuestPath Universal Service Standards and applicable Operational Standards.
- Greets and acknowledges guests
- Answers guests’ questions and assists them whenever possible
- Recommends, selects and helps locate or obtain merchandise for guests
- Processes sale with appropriate point of sale system, accepts payment, counts change and bags merchandise
- Follows all register procedures and handles cash accordingly
- Exchanges merchandise for guests and processes returns, with approval of supervisor
- Maintains records related to sales
- Ensures that all merchandise is correctly labeled and displayed.
- Routinely stocks merchandise and faces items on shelves.
- Verifies amount of bank at beginning and the end of each shift.
- Maintains a clean and organized store or stand.
- Maintains orderly back-stock and knows where goods are to be found.
- Sets aside and notifies supervisor of defective, mis-marked, mislabeled, incorrectly priced, shopworn or damaged merchandise.
- Watches for and recognizes security risks and thefts and reports to security and management
- Completes all related close-out paperwork.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Areas of Responsibility
Education / Experience Requirements
Visual acuity sufficient to see and distinguish merchandise and operate point-of-sale system.
Education & Experience:
- Previous experience in cash handling required
- Previous experience in retail or customer service environment preferred
- Ability to lift and carry up to 25 lbs.
- Ability to stand for entire length of shift
- Ability to walk up and down stairs frequently
- Bending, reaching, climbing on step stool