Coach Polaris - Senior Sales associate
Coach is a leading design house of modern luxury accessories and lifestyle collections, with a long-standing reputation built on quality craftsmanship. Defined by a free-spirited, all-American attitude, the brand approaches design with a modern vision, reimagining luxury for today with an authenticity and innovation that is uniquely Coach. All over the world, the Coach name is synonymous with effortless New York style.
A member of the Tapestry family, we are part of a global house of brands that has unwavering optimism and is committed to being innovative and wholly inclusive.
Selling and Service
· Understands organizational objectives and makes decisions that align with the Company priorities and values
· Creates personal sales and clienteling strategies in partnership with the management team
· Meets customer needs through solution-oriented and forward thinking
· Builds credibility and trust as a personal fashion advisor by communicating fashion awareness and trends in the marketplace
· Understands changes in local market with potential impact on business performance and supports the execution of local sales strategies and tactics
· Creates positive impressions with customer by bringing best self to work through elevated, sophisticated, appropriate business attire consistent with Coach’s guide to style
· Demonstrates Coach’s Selling and Service expectations at all times
· Influences customers’ purchase decisions by balancing patience and assertiveness
· Takes ownership and commitment for delivering results; actively aware of personal and store metrics and achieves goals
· Flexes personal selling techniques to contribute to overall store financial results
· Demonstrates persuasive (not aggressive), confident, friendly and genuine service skills and selling behaviors
· Discusses product features and builds the sale by suggesting appropriate add on items to fit the customers’ specific needs
· Works with multiple customers simultaneously and breaks away as appropriate
· Follows up with customers consistently and genuinely to influence/close the sale
· Develops product knowledge skills and remains aware of current collections
· Demonstrates knowledge of competition and can apply that knowledge to building sales and customer relationships
· Drives business through sales strategies, clienteling, sourcing new customers and maintaining on-going productive relationships with customers
· Sensitive to customers’ needs and tailors approach by reading cues
· Builds lasting and loyal relationships with customers
· Ensures all daily tasks are completed without negatively impacting service or Coach standards
Areas of Responsibility
Workplace and Environment
· Creates enthusiasm and positivity for a shared vision and mission
· Fosters and environment of teamwork, trust and collaboration with peers, customers and supervisors
· Demonstrates confidence when working with customers
· Takes initiative; has a high-level of ownership and accountability for individual results
· Welcomes feedback and adapts behaviors as appropriate
· Represents Coach as a brand ambassador at all times
· Is adaptable and flexible to change
· Maintains a calm and professional demeanor at all times
· Creates short and long-term strategies to achieve personal metrics and performance goals
· Utilizes Company tools to keep self-informed
· Handles and offers solutions to customer issues appropriately and involves a manager when necessary
· Promotes and endorses a team selling environment
Education / Experience Requirements
· Completes daily operational tasks including maintaining store (sales floor and backroom), cash wrap and visual merchandising to Coach standards consistently and in a timely manner
· Adheres to all retail policies and procedures including POS, Operations and Loss Prevention procedures
· Leverages Coach’s tools and technology to support relationship building and clienteling efforts; including to drive sales and achieve individual goals
· Replenishes inventory on sales floor as needed
· Processes shipments as needed
Experience: 1- 3 year of previous selling experience in a luxury retail service environment preferred. Possesses current knowledge of fashion trends and competition in the marketplace.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent; college degree preferred.
Technical: Knowledge of cash registers systems, basic computer skills (including the ability to use iPad/laptop, Mobile POS and Internet)
Physical: Ability to communicate effectively with customers and team. Mobility to maneuver the sales floor and stock room to provide and support customer service. Reach above/bend to obtain product for customers from store fixtures/shelves at various heights and climb ladders/stairs/step-stools to perform visual merchandising and housekeeping duties. Ability to frequently lift and carry up to five pounds and at times lift and carry product/cartons up to fifty pounds to process product shipment/transfers.
Schedule: Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business, including nights, weekends, busy seasons, and high retail traffic and sales days(including but not limited to: the day after Thanksgiving, Memorial Day, Christmas Eve, Mother’s Day, etc.).