The Operations Manager is responsible for fulfilling our mission statement, “to create the most enjoyable shopping experience possible for our Guests.” Additionally, the Operations Manager oversees a variety of operational tasks assigned by store management. The Operations Manager may also complete the duties of the Freight Coordinator and Visual Merchandiser based on business needs and/or store volume.
Areas of Responsibility
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This description intends to describe the general nature and level of work performed by Teammates assigned to this job. It is not intended to include all duties, responsibilities and qualifications. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, which may include mornings, evenings, and weekends, and the day of/day after Thanksgiving and Christmas, based upon store and business needs.
- Complete the Operations Manager daily disciplines.
- Manage promotions by educating Teammates and ensuring signage is displayed appropriately.
- Complete pulls and markdowns.
- Monitor layaway procedures to ensure layaways are current and accurate.
- Answer store internal and external phone lines and resolve questions and requests in an efficient and courteous manner.
- Monitor reservation application, including Guest follow-up, team education, and product reservation.
- Lead onboarding and selection activities including monitoring hiring dashboards on a daily basis, setting up interviews and completing onboarding with all new teammates.
- Complete inventory reviews including year-end inventory.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of Point of Sale (POS) software.
- Knowledgeable of all exchange and return procedures for Guests and exhibit the ability to turn into a showmanship opportunity.
- Understand and execute all policies regarding payments, exchanges and Loss Prevention practices.
- Receive freight boxes and store transfers through register.
- Report discrepancies through Inventory Manager.
- Maintain all shipment-related paperwork.
- Monitor and recognize security risks and thefts, and know how to prevent or handle these situations.
- Make shipping labels for all packages being sent out and sort packages by required shipment transit time (expedited shipping or regular ground shipping).
- Send in recalls and Return to Vendors (RTVs) on a weekly basis.
- Complete special orders and the necessary phone calls to the Guest.
- Keep supplies in stock and organized (e.g. boxes, transfer bags, printer paper, hangers, sensors, etc.).
- Organize fixtures and shelving.
- Engage in activities that support a neat, clean, and organized work area.
- Handle all maintenance issues in the store – plumbing, electrical, etc.
- Communicate any policy violations to Store Manager, District Manager, and/or Human Resources in a timely, confidential manner.
- Provide feedback to Store Manager regarding merchandise handling concerns.
- Understand and apply Buckle’s Code of Ethics and all of Buckle’s policies, procedures, and handbooks.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Sales Generation and Guest Service
- Compare and verify merchandise invoices to items received to ensure that shipments are correct.
- Upon request, ship any alterations, layaways, or special orders to Guests.
- Check accuracy of freight packing slips and transfer slips.
- Double-check that all transfers have been processed through the register and that items match what you are shipping out.
- When shipping items to Guests and other stores, must fold items and place in appropriate sized box for proper presentation of product when unpacked.
Visual Merchandise Management
- Create and develop a visual merchandising strategy on a weekly basis.
- Consistently utilize and implement the Weekly Checklist, photo library, and other visual tools.
- Uses Performance Tracker to track results and strategize on product rotation.
- Is up-to-date on all current visual standards and videos.
- Utilize the SPG, Planner, and Zone Maintenance Action Plan to maintain visual standards.
- Understands the importance of the store window’s impact on business and completes with a high level of urgency.
- Comfortable in giving and receiving feedback from peers and management.
- Promote personal and store growth.
- Demonstrate and maintain a professional, mature, and stable relationship with all Teammates.
- Overcome objections and problem solve.
- Self-educate on all company tools (videos, pieces, books) and share this information with others.
- Ability to travel and cover other stores within District based on business needs.
- Handle all schedule changes in a positive and professional manner.
- Fulfill mission statement by performing job duties with a high level of customer service while contributing to a positive team spirit.
- Special projects and other duties as assigned.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Education / Experience Requirements
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related retail experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Must be 18 years of age or older due to the nature of the job.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a Teammate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the Teammate is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and jump; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The Teammate is occasionally required to sit. Physical ability to lift and maneuver 50lbs throughout the store and backroom. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the Teammate regularly works in a retail store setting. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
How to Apply
To apply, visit https://recruiting2.ultipro.com/BUC1007BUCC/JobBoard/7bae581a-2d4c-4084-95b1-d533dea8a3b1/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=cfcb3724-63db-4f6c-baeb-472aeef8967e.