The Freight Coordinator position’s primary responsibility is to fulfill our mission statement, “to create the most enjoyable shopping experience possible for our Guests.” Additionally, the Freight Coordinator performs a variety of operational tasks assigned by store management (e.g. receiving and unpacking of daily shipments, shipping merchandise, backroom maintenance, and routine cleaning of facilities).
Areas of Responsibility
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This description intends to describe the general nature and level of work performed by Teammates assigned to this job. It is not intended to include all duties, responsibilities and qualifications. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Sales Generation and Guest Service
- Compare and verify merchandise invoices to items received to ensure that shipments are correct
- Send any alterations, layaways, or special orders to Guests via FedEx
- Check accuracy of freight packing slips and transfer slips
- Double-check that all transfers have been processed through the register and that items match what you are shipping out
- When shipping items to Guests and other stores, must fold items and place in appropriate sized box for proper presentation of product when unpacked
Visual Merchandise Management
- Remove any pins and plastic from merchandise shipped in
- Place Sensormatic tags on each garment in the designated place
- Hang and fold merchandise to be put on the sales floor and steam when necessary
- Assist on projects on floor when necessary
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, which may include mornings, evenings, and weekends, and the day of/day after Thanksgiving and Christmas, based upon store and business needs
- Develop and maintain knowledge of Point of Sale (“POS”) software
- Receive freight boxes and store transfers through register
- Send discrepancies in store mail and file non-errors for 30 days
- Maintain all shipment-related paperwork
- Watch for and recognize security risks and thefts, and know how to prevent or handle these situations
- Make FedEx labels for all packages being sent out and sort packages by required shipment transit time (expedited shipping or regular ground shipping)
- Send in recalls and Return to Vendors (RTVs) on a weekly basis
- Keep supplies in stock and organized (e.g. boxes, transfer bags, printer paper, hangers, sensors, etc.)
- Organize fixtures and shelving
- Engage in activities that support a neat, clean, and organized work area.
- Maintain daily work filed and in order
- Communicate any policy violations to Store Manager, District Manager, and/or Human Resources in a timely, confidential manner
- Provide feedback to Store Manager, Assistant Manager, and Floor Leaders regarding merchandise handling concerns
- Understand and apply the Buckle’s Code of Ethics and all Buckle’s policies, procedures, and handbooks.
- Fulfill mission statement by performing job duties with a high level of customer service while contributing to a positive team spirit.
- Special projects and other duties as assigned.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Education / Experience Requirements
Education and/or Experience
No prior experience or training.
Due to the nature of the job, must be 18 years of age or older.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a Teammate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the Teammate is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and jump; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The Teammate is occasionally required to sit. Physical ability to lift and maneuver 50 lbs throughout the store and backroom. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the Teammate regularly works in a retail store setting. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
How to Apply
To apply, visit https://recruiting2.ultipro.com/BUC1007BUCC/JobBoard/7bae581a-2d4c-4084-95b1-d533dea8a3b1/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=c17bd88f-3b18-4748-b49a-9a66d0458551.