Polaris Fashion Place Marketing Intern
- Objective for the intern will include planning, implementing, and executing (in partnership with Marketing Director) summer events with a primary goal of our Summer Concert series and KidX events.
Interns will experience first-hand the fast-paced world of program development and delivery in a mall setting.
This summer-long program will teach interns the responsibilities required of a marketing professional as well as the culture, mission, vision and values of Washington Prime Group.
The intern is expected to work 20-30 hours a week for 14 weeks over the summer period. The pay is $8.50 an hour. Course credit is optional.
Areas of Responsibility
- Assist event staff with planning and execution of events including set up/tear down
- Assist with planning phases of the KidX Programs including event logistics and execution.
- Complete promotional recaps that include copies of all event advertising to send out to clients.
- Research potential event partners and sponsors for annual events.
- Provide creative ideas to make Polaris Fashion Place events unique and attractive to draw new customers.
- Survey event participants to find best advertising/promotion medium.
- Assist with organization of event video and photo archives.
- Maintain portions of the Polaris Fashion Place Website including adding tenant sales, events and job postings.
- Create online/digital marketing content
- Participate in team brainstorms and company meetings
- Participate in weekly meetings or conference calls with marketing team to review event outcomes and prepare for upcoming events.
- Due to the company's team focus, you may be asked to help out in other areas, performing other duties as assigned.
Education / Experience Requirements
- Applicants must be a sophomore, junior or senior pursuing a degree in Hospitality, Event Management, Marketing, PR, Communications, or other relevant degree.
- Washington Prime Group requires a background check.
- Experience in event planning and execution. Experience can include internships and extracurricular activities/events.
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills, a strong desire and ability to work with children, and a willingness to learn.
- Must be proficient in all Microsoft software applications and have above-average communication and organizational skills.
- Demonstrate effective conflict resolution and customer service skills for interaction with customers, tenants, and co-workers
- Strong working knowledge of Social Media: Facebook, Twitter, & Instagram
- He or she must also be able to multitask, think outside the box, demonstrate initiative, think on their feet and troubleshoot problems.
- Ability to perform physical tasks such as pulling pallets, walking extensively, moving boxes, etc.
- Must be able to work business hours Monday-Friday with occasional evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed
- Be willing to work extended hours, in order to meet the objectives of the summer programming.
- Be capable of working in an outdoor setting for extended periods of time.
How to Apply
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.